- My love of travel was sparked from my first trip visiting the old USSR and interrailing through Eastern Europe in the late eighties
- Spent the early nineties backpacking through the Middle East & Caucasus, taking in Iran, Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, George & Pakistan
- Have been a professional photographer for over 20 years
- Self taught on medium format and old film cameras.
- I was Commissioning Editor & Art Director for Visit Wales Tourism Body for over 15 years
- I love getting up at crazy hours like 2am to pack my lunch, catch 2 buses, a train and walk 10km up a mountain just to capture that shot.
- I studied French & History at university while moonlighting as a music journalist
- When I’m not out taking photos I will most likely be in the kitchen or playing dinosaurs or Fireman Sam
Hi I’m Faye, I grew up in Australia, and discovered my passion for travel on my first trip abroad as a high school exchange student to Seattle. And I’ve always been busy planning several adventures at once ever since.
I love to travel and when I am not travelling I love to read about all the wonderful places I would love to go. I read guidebooks like novels and never get bored looking at other peoples travel photos. I’ve been very lucky to have travelled widely around Europe, South East Asia, North Africa and the USA, and I lived and worked in the UK for 16 years. First I lived in London for 10 years before marrying a Welshman and moving to Wales for 6 years.
Being married to a photographer, I’ve come to love getting up at absurdly early hours, seeing cities wake up, sneaking into castles for sunrise, or seeing the mists rise on a mountain lake at the first light of the day. I have also had to invest in some extremely warm clothing as I frequently sat in the freezing cold waiting for the perfect light ! But mostly it has been a privilege to discover the extraordinary beauty in the world in that silent golden hour of the day when most of the world still sleeps.