Delve into Europe is the home of inspirational travel content from around Europe. Whether your looking for inspiration for your next getaway or know where you want to go here you will find the best places to visit in Europe. From amazing places to stay and the best things to do. From electric cities, charming villages, stunning islands & spectacular beaches, Europe is a continent you will want to return again and again.
Founder, Photographer & Writer
- My love of travel was sparked by my first trip to France when I was 12 with the local youth club – I organised their next four trips to Europe
- I cut my travelling teeth visiting the old USSR and interrailing through Eastern Europe in the early nineties
- Spent over a year backpacking through the Middle East & Caucasus, taking in Iran, Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Georgia & Pakistan
- Have been a professional photographer for over 20 years
- Self taught on medium format and old film cameras.
- I was Commissioning Editor & Art Director for the Visit Wales tourism body for over 15 years.
- I love getting up at crazy hours like 2am to pack my lunch, catch 2 buses, a train and walk 10km up a mountain just to capture that shot.
- I studied History and French at Manchester University while moonlighting as a music journalist.
- I have always been drawn to punk-inspired underground music, and am also a huge fan of reggae, early electronic and early 1970s German music
- When I’m not out taking photos I will most likely be in the kitchen or playing dinosaurs or Fireman Sam with my young son
Founder & Editor
- Australian born but have spent nearly twenty years living in Europe including ten years in London and six years in Wales
- Favouite cities London, Cardiff, Bologna, Chania, Prague and Seville and York . Favourite holiday spots, Greece, Sicily, Czech Republic and Portugal , Wales, Scotland, England
- Self taught everything I know
- Passionate orangutan conservation for over 30 years and protection of animals
- Huge fan of the British caff and formica
- Lover of independent bookshops
- Obsessive researcher
- Love searching out special memorable places to stay, castles, ancient inns, tradional family run guest houses, boutique hotels,
- Love moonlight walks
- Passionate about preserving the character, authenticity and architectural richness and heritage of places
- I am firmly attached to my collection of wicker shopping trolley
- Love to buy local art and things made of hand
- Over 70 % of everything I buy is secondhand
- I’m a soul girl at heart, love anything sixties, seventies, disco, motown. I hope I will always be one of the first on the dance floor.
- Love the street markets of Europe and will get up at 5am to get to rummage in the local flea market.
- End up buying random items at antique auctions and once carried a french mannequin home on a London bus.
- As hard as I try I fail miserably at learning European languages